11 July 2011

Wilderness.

The moment I stepped out of the airport into the lush green, all I could think about was being in it as much as possible. Everytime we were out and about, I couldn't stop the longing in my heart to get lost in the dense trees for hours and hours.
So on our second day, my dad gave in and took me hiking!
I don't know how credible the site was, but I found a website that said Umstead State Park was the second best park/trails in North Carolina.
Good enough for me!

So, grab a map.

Pick a trail.

Follow the blue squares.

A-okay.

And go!












This walk made me feel like I was in a fairy tale.
I really think that Fern Gully was based in the woods of North Carolina {the mushroom on the tree? the blue and yellow lizard? I die.}
I love hiking, and it felt so good to breathe in the fresh, clean air while I worked on my fitness.
Oh, and my dad definitely pwned that trail.

4 comments:

  1. this place is BEAUTIFUL! i just found your blog, following now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Reminds me of my grandmama's house! I love green! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your "amateur" photography lol you're actually good girly!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete