06 April 2016

Christmas 2014.

Winter of 2014 was one of my favorites, but also one of the most difficult. Kendall left right after Thanksgiving to work in Utah with his cousin while I stayed in Arizona working. We were away from each other for almost the whole holiday, except for two short vacations.

The first, I flew to Utah where Kendall planned a beautiful weekend for us! It had been 3 weeks since I saw him and it was so fun to spend time with him. We went to see the temple lights at the Salt Lake City Temple, then spent time in Mountain Home where his cousin lives. For the end of our weekend, Kendall took me to the Zormat Resort Hotel and took me antique shopping in the cutest little mountain town.

A couple weeks later, we met in Portland where we spent Christmas with my family. We spent a couple days at my parents house, then for Christmas we drove to Mt. Hood so that we could have a white Christmas! It was crazy to open presents in a hotel instead of at home, but it was so fun to get away with our family, eat in cozy lodges, and spend time just with me and Kendall.

After 2 months of being in Utah, Kendall surprised me right before my birthday by coming home early! I'm so grateful for this man and all he does for us.






No comments:

Post a Comment