25 June 2011

I'm singing the song

as if buried within its lyrics are instructions, a musical road map to where i'm supposed to go and how to get there.

I really think I'm a reading junkie. I can't live without a hit of word choice and syntax throughout my day.
I spend my time on the computer looking for a new book to read after I'm finished with the one I've already half-way finished in one day. My list is very extensive.
This week, I read a book called If I Stay.


Synopsis: A girl gets in a horrific car accident, and is able to see everything that is going on around her. She has the difficult decision of whether to stay on earth, or leave forever.
Why I loved it: Not only did I think it was an interesting concept for a story, I loved that the author incorporated music, even though I thought she could have used more synesthesia throughout the story. Although my book says it will appeal to those who love Twilight, it is nothing like Twilight. It is just as much about family and friends as it is about love, and honestly the love story wasn't prominent, which I thought was perfect for the story. The ending definitely got some tears out of me.
Rating★ ★ ★ 

I give it four stars because it has quite a bit of mature language, and I think the author could have used music more often to describe things, since the heroine was so immersed in musical culture.
This book is definitely one of my favorites!

*Quote by Mia from Gayle Forman's If I Stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment